Sarah and the Crap Hole of a World

Sarah's father was the bassist for False Walrus, and he was busy touring when she needed him most. Read Time: A Wayfarers Story in Kindle and paperback


She was affronted and a nerve was struck. The tuning fork of her anger hummed as she snapped a drag, inhaled deeply, and then argued “he wanted nothing to do with me until I got a letter from him just after he died! I wanted to be close to him, but he was always busy with False Walrus. He was a great dad when I was little, but once the band became his living his bass guitar was more important than me and mom, and that’s why she divorced him, you know?”

Her eyes were narrowed as she took another drag, and her inhale was like a wet pan being set on a hot stove burner. “He abandoned us” she fumed before her quick, forceful exhale sounded as though she was blowing out a match.

While a cloud of smoke hovered between them, she continued with “but I loved him and now I know that he loved me too and it’s too late! He’s home now and I’m stuck in this crap hole of a world trying to survive without him or mom while some evil nutjob who works for ALL is stalking me and blew my house up because he was trying to kill Zane Zachary. I’m all alone with no one to love, do you get it!? Yeah, I wanted a relationship with my father!”

The above is a scene involving Sarah Marsden and Doctor Jasper Woodcock on the old Erie Canal towpath near Chittenango, NY. Be sure to read End-Times fiction suspense novel Time: A Wayfarers Story in Kindle and print available on Amazon


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Stille Nacht and Little Drummer Boy

Quick-Tempered, Moody, and Taste Like an Ashtray